my coffee break

the taste of my everyday coffee...

My Photo
Name:
Location: north borneo

i listen to every conversation that takes place. more expressing, less talking, more to listening. Italy takes my breath away. my boyfriend is a Greek. well, as if. i will just as well lie. please, do sit. have a coffee with me and i will tell you a story. i will tell you about me...

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Cookies and coffee @ blogspot dot com

and so the name Ramli Sarip came to mind. and i can't remember who.

me : dad, do you know Ramli Sarip?

dad : who?
me : Ramli Sarip bah.
dad : Sahip?

me : Sarrrrrip.
dad : no. who's that?
me : *rolled eyes* i'm asking you.

dad : isn't he Nabi Mohd's follower?

me : (=_=")

Nabi Mohd? lol. mom to the rescue...

mom : Ramli Sarip bah. you don't know? the rock singer. Yazeer's idol in Akedemi Fantasia.
me : ooooOOO...ya ya. now i remember.

Ramli Sarip

so i was going through my files. restoring some documents. deleting some documents. and i found this recipe i've been saving in my file for i don't know since when. coffeecup cookies!! yum yum. try this out. for anyone who cares to try. hmm, and no, i can't remember where i got this recipe. and the photos aren't mine. they come together with the recipe ^_^

i) Great Infusions Barista Coffeecup cookie
these are adult cookies - not too sweet and with a mellow coffee flavor. the chocolate chip cookie forms a crispy cup for a moist coffee filling.

yes i know. it doesn't look ___. but it taste good!

Ingredients

1.5 cups of all purpose flour
o.5 teaspoon baking soda
0.25 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup softened unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1.5 teaspoon vanilla
1 shot of strong 'ristretto' espresso
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks

Step by step
1. Pre-heat 350f oven and butter cookie pan.
2. Sift flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Mix sugar and butter to a fluffy paste, add egg & vanilla, mix well.

4. combine with flour mix.

5. seperate out about 1/5 of the dough and pour a fresh ristretto espresso shot into the smaller portion (mix well - make sure it does not get too liquidy). in the larger bowl - add broken up semi-sweet dark chocolate and mix.

6. form cups with the chocolate chip cookie dough and fill with the coffee filling. leave room around the cookies as they do tend to expand.

7. bake till done - about 10 to 15 minutes. 'cup' should be crisp but not hard, filling will be moist. sprinkle fine coffee grounds and unsweetened coco powder over top.



also try this out. this is nice. i tried before. and i think i'm going to make this one later. hmm...


ii) Creamy chocolate coffee

Ingredients :

1 cup hot coffee
1/2 cup milk
2 tbs powdered sugar
2 scoops vanilla or chocolate ice-cream
whipped cream

Step by step:
1. mix all the ingredients above in sauce pan
2. heat until bubbling
3. serve in mugs with whipped cream

there you go. as easy as ABC. oh and if you don't have any clean sauce pan or maybe don't have at all, you can use a cattle ^_^

[ Music | Deep inside of you by Third Eye Blind ]

12 Comments:

Blogger apple Lily said...

yumm..yum..heheh looks yummy...

12:32 pm  
Anonymous jasmine said...

YUMMM... sounds delicious..

3:11 pm  
Blogger L B said...

wow, I really like your step-by-step instructions! For someone like me who has never tried baking cookies, that looks easy!! but, trouble is, I'm even lazier!! :-) but thanks for showing HOW easy it could be..

7:44 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Apple lily,
yerppp!! too bad my oven hangkang so cannot try it out again.

Jasmine,
naughty naughty. "i got pregnant" LOL. not only sound delicious but it taste delicious.

LB,
hahaha...no problem. maybe you can try it out next time. but creamy choco coffee only takes a while. not even 5 minutes. less than 5 minutes. it's really good...

11:22 pm  
Blogger L B said...

yes, but you didn't say how long it will take for me to get my ass off the ground and do it!! :-)

6:02 am  
Blogger anonymuis said...

thanks for the ingredient, im a chocolate and coffee addict :D

i'm trying to make some

8:01 am  
Blogger Selba said...

Would like to try it, but same as LB, I'm also too lazy, kekeke..
Ehm... how about next time when you bake it again, you let me to try it :)

8:54 am  
Anonymous jasmine said...

yala.. true what.. after that scary yet fun event, i eventually noticed that i got pregnant.. like OMG! hahaha.... and yea, surely the kuih TASTE delicious too.... bake for me. for me bofday... in like, 2 months time!! wheee....

3:01 pm  
Blogger overdresser said...

Ramli sarip?..

I ve heard of him before i think..

oh btw..
ur blog got reviewed!!

6:25 pm  
Anonymous Wil said...

Honestly from the first photo of the cookie...I thought it looked like wet sand on a pita bread...hahaha

Send me a sample and I'll review it for you ;p

8:19 pm  
Blogger avila said...

LB,
lol. i think you should just stay in bed and let someone do it =P
yerp...keep sleeping.

Anonymuis,
yeah! someone's trying out. haha. coffee, is love.

Selba,
hahaha. no worry. i will let you try. i only bake when i have the mood but at this moment i just have to wait since my oven is broke.

Jasmine,
sure. i can drop by school. LOL. bili kuih sana kantin.

Overdresser,
Ramli Sarip it is. Malaysia rock singer. Hmm..i put him under ethnic rock...Thanks, im gonna check blog review.

Will,
LOL!!! doesn't look attractive huh. ok...i'll send some sample. lol

11:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

6:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home