my coffee break

the taste of my everyday coffee...

My Photo
Name:
Location: north borneo

i listen to every conversation that takes place. more expressing, less talking, more to listening. Italy takes my breath away. my boyfriend is a Greek. well, as if. i will just as well lie. please, do sit. have a coffee with me and i will tell you a story. i will tell you about me...

Friday, January 20, 2006

Sister Hazel

Finally I figured out
But it took a long, long time
But now there's a turnabout
Maybe 'cause I'm trying

There's been times, I'm so confused
All my roads, They lead to you
I just can't turn and walk away

It's hard to say what it is I see in you
Wonder if I'll always be with you
But words can't say, And I can't do
Enough to prove,
It's all for you

I thought I'd seen it all
'Cause it's been a long, long time
But then we'll trip and fall
Wondering if I'm blind

Rain comes pouring down
Falling from blue skies
Words without a sound
Coming from your eyes

Finally I figured out
But it took a long, long time
But now there's a turnabout
Maybe cause I'm trying

It's hard to say
It's hard to say
It's all for you


sounds familiar? no? so you never heard of Sister Hazel? oh,well *shrugs*. so anyways, i was cleaning my room and got distracted when i found this very old 'box of wisdom' of mine. dusty nine years old box of wisdom. and there i was again, procastinating. and the room cleaning was delayed as always. so i went through this box and found piles of music sheets, Sister Hazel's lyrics and cassettes. too many cassettes. previous albums of Sister Hazel and others. and i recalled.

i remember being stuck in an airport when i was 11 years of age and i went wandering in this record shop. went through all the racks and somehow i was already holding Sister Hazel second album, Somewhere More Familiar. though i grew up listening to Jimi Hendrix, Smashing Pumpkins, Bob Marley, MC Hammer and the famous macarena, i was not so keen in music back then. i don't even know who Elvis Presley is. let alone The Beatles. not until i bought my very first cassette. my very first Sister Hazel and my interest in music begins. Everclear in the other hand is my most favourite band. both Everclear and Sister Hazel. they play pretty good music. Sister Hazel, you rock! year 1997: i fell inlove with Sister Hazel and Everclear. a year to remember. this is just another random post.

Sister Hazel

The band's members :

Jett Beres - bassist

Ryan Newell - lead guitarist

Mark Trojanowski - drummer

Andrew Copeland - rhythm guitarist

Ken Block - lead singer/acoustic guitarist


[ Music | All for you by Sister Hazel ]

16 Comments:

Blogger Kampungkai said...

aloooooo!!! so much music in your blog. What do u do? Sorry ya... me new here, know nothing :) Got any nice iceblended coffee recipe i can make at home? hahahah!

10:34 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Kampungkai,
hello. sure i have a recipe. haha. well, i love music. haha...

11:02 pm  
Anonymous katam said...

oh how true! this girl really love everclear and sister hazel. what's your favourite band? and she will go "everclear. sister hazel...and others" you will never miss the two bands. till today. wow.

11:09 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Katam,
yeah...the "please write in my diary" was so popular back then. and yeah. Everclear might be my next post...hahaha...

11:28 pm  
Anonymous anonymuis said...

sjeees, i've known all the other bands/singers you've mentioned on your post but I had never heard about sister Hazel before. the first time I clicked on their homepage i thought it would be few ladies or so because the name starts with 'sister' LOL.

I've ever liked Nirvana [still i like this band but I sometime am bored listening to their songs which are the same all times lol], now I like Within Temptation [Dutch Gothic Rock], and I don't know what else, most of music i like are Hip Hop, R&B, Trance Techno, etc hehe

4:11 am  
Blogger L B said...

I think I will go watch LOTR again.. heheh, *hugs*

5:34 am  
Anonymous simon said...

cool. nice music. so what kind of music do you listen to? genre i mean. do you play any instrument.

2:28 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Anonymuis,
Yeah, i know Nirvana. the girls usually go gaga over Kurt. but i don't usually listen to them. still they play nice songs. Within Temptation, now that's new for me. Have to check this out. thanks!

LB,
i just watched the return of a king. again. scarryyyy huh..LOL
*hugs*

7:19 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Simon,
eekkk...why no update huh?
anyways...i listen to all kind of genre...universal. lol. but i don't really like hiphop/R&B. still i listen. i mostly into alternative indie rock, jazz, raggae, classical. but like i said i listen to all kinds of genre. yes i play instrument. piano and guitar. tamborin is easy lol...hmmm. all those easy instrument that a 6 year old kid can play.

7:23 pm  
Anonymous simon said...

wahh...i only good at playing small children's instrument...main ketuk2 mah...oo..i get so fed up with hiphop already...but like you, i still listen. not a big fan. not even a small fan. not even a fan.

10:14 pm  
Blogger overdresser said...

Bands back then were the best. Talented and good at what they do. Today they only know how to pose for cameras.

11:35 pm  
Blogger Selba said...

I like the lyric, wondering how the melody of the song :)

11:38 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Simon,
yerp. but i like Bone Thugz & Harmony ^_^

Overdresser,
hahaha...yeah. well, some bands. but they still play good music. some.

Selba,
oh! visit their site. the link is on my post. or you can just download the song. it's lovely.

12:44 am  
Blogger Handbag Express said...

Hello, just browsing around and thought I would peek at your blog also thought it would be a great opportunity to highly recommend both of these sites with spectacular deals. Grand Openings at **www.handbagexpress.com** for the ultmate handbag selections, and don't miss out on **www.VegasTours.com**for Spectacular Grand Canyon Vacation Tours, you will agree the offers are Super incredible after visiting. Thanks and have a great day.

1:21 pm  
Anonymous Mp3 speler said...

Hey you! What a nice blog you got here. I really love music and it has always been my greatest interest. I play the guitar myself and I really would like to learn to play this music. Kisses from Natasja! Ow wait, maybe you would like to visit my website: Mp3 Speler.

10:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Hot asian babes bikini lingerie National traveler life insurance Doctor malpractice insurance amount in washington money Polk county texas lawyer London refinancing advice Free eyeglasses for adults in dallas texas phendimetrazine Aretegreek sports from ancient sources bmw Jenna jameson free clip mpeg phentermine ionamin blackberry 7230 wireless Lamborghini sypder Mazda airbag codes

5:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home