my coffee break

the taste of my everyday coffee...

My Photo
Name:
Location: north borneo

i listen to every conversation that takes place. more expressing, less talking, more to listening. Italy takes my breath away. my boyfriend is a Greek. well, as if. i will just as well lie. please, do sit. have a coffee with me and i will tell you a story. i will tell you about me...

Monday, January 16, 2006

With Arms Outstretched


she knows what she wants. he knows but doesn't know what he wants. she thought he had ran away. he thought she was hiding from him. he said he will call. and she waited for that call. he said he loves her. but to say 'it' to her face, 'it' never did come out. and she waited and pretended as if it was nothing important. but deep down inside, she was already hoping. and he who says nothing about 'it' pretended as if it was nothing important. but deep down inside he knows he wanted to. and so they pretend. pretending as if the feeling is not there. at th
e end, both gave up hope not knowing that they actually feels and falls for each other. at the end, they pretend as if nothing had happened.

Its 16 miles, to the promise land
and I promise you, I'm doing the best I can

now don't fool yourself
in thinking you're more than a man
cause you'll probably end up dead

i visit these

mountains with frequency

and i stand here with my arms out

now somedays they'll last longer than others
but this day by the lake went too fast

and if you want me

you better speak up i won't wait
so you better, move fast

don't fool yourself

in thinking you're more than you are
with your arms outstretched to me

~With Arms Outstretched by Rilo Kiley, 2002~


it just came popping out of my mind and makes me thinking. you see, i've told you i've been thinking and wondering alot. have you EVER been in this kind of situation? i know i had. better speak up. better move fast. because you will never know what you will be missing. ahhhh. and si. this song is great. i found out this band myself when i actually spent my time flipping through this rock magazine in Keosk two years ago and i ended up buying that magazine afraid that the cashier might come chasing me out of the shop (i was in the shop for almost an hour with nothing. but wasting my time by going through all the books/magazines). the disadvantage? 15rm gone. advantage? i didn't know that the magazine comes together with a CD featuring new underground rock/indie/alternative songs which i've never heard any of the bands. so that's something to be proud of. i learnt something. and so you too. by reading this, you learnt that Rilo Kiley exists. who is Rilo Kiley? you asked. well, that's a homework for you.

Rilo Kiley

18 Comments:

Blogger brennan said...

how come so melodramatic? hmm...

11:57 pm  
Blogger jasmine said...

i like the thought of having to speak up instead left wondering or regreting**...

arrgghh.. tomorrow school!! or rather.. today.. dont like.

12:08 am  
Blogger L B said...

I know I have had those situations.. and in them all, there was The One That Got Away. How sad that sometimes, in our hesitation, opportunities disappear, because we're timid, shy, unable to express what we truly feel, for fear of rejection..

1:46 am  
Blogger Selba said...

OMG... this post is really 'beautiful' :)

I guess a lot of people have been in this kind of situation...

I'm not sure which one is better telling the truth of our feeling and then get rejected or just keep it silence (so no rejection)...

9:00 am  
Blogger apple Lily said...

i like wat you wrote.. it kinda gets me..

1:43 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Bren,
it's something that just came popping to me when i listened to this certain song...nothing so melodramatic bout it. haha...just wondering

Jasmine,
yes. but not all of us has the gut to do so...anyways good luck for school..mwuahahaha

LB,
agreed. in the midst of everything, there's all always a fear of rejection.

3:14 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Selba,
hehehe. better tell that one particular person then. anyways, there's nothing to loose. ^_^

Apple lily,
whaddup! hehe..thanks Pet.

3:20 pm  
Blogger overdresser said...

Did u visit my blog because my blog's address had coffee in it? coz u seem to be some kind of coffee addict.. heheh.. btw..interesting blog.. bookmarked!.. :-)

8:00 pm  
Anonymous anonymuis said...

i'll just talk with him under four eyes about all the things I've in my mind. I won't let the feeling haunting me day and night, guessing whether he really loves me or not, etc. But one thing is that it's not that easy for the most of guys to tell their feelings to the ladies :)

anyway, thanks for dropping by, nice post you have!

8:16 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Overdresser,
hahaha...yes i did...and i remember your blog with all those wave formulae equations of physics...*blergh*

8:20 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Anonymuis,
"it's not that easy for the most of guys to tell their feelings to the ladies :)"

But one thing is that it's not that easy for the most of ladies to tell their feelings to the guys and so the journey of pretending goes on.

8:42 pm  
Blogger Cocaine Jesus said...

relationships eh? painful at the best of times.

10:13 pm  
Blogger avila said...

Cocain jesus,
yes...it really is...

1:24 am  
Blogger overdresser said...

those physic formulas explain how i m suffering at school everyday..

it works so well as a metaphor for pain.

8:44 pm  
Anonymous anonymuis said...

about lady to guy uhmmm ...

for me it's normal if a lady has difficulty to tell her feelings to the guy, actually the guy has to start first; when lady is shy, etc, guy has his ego that makes it difficult for him to just tell.

Asian people and Western have different opinions that look like moon and earth i guess, i did feel the situation when i had relationship with an indo, or other asian guy, but now that i am here they're more straight-forward so the girls usually need not to speak up their feelings first, they guys will hehehe :D

4:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

8:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

3:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

12:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home